- Santa Monica, CA, USA
- Full Time
Co-opportunity; Santa Monica's only Member-owned Natural Food Grocer since 1974, is looking for a full time [40 hrs] Merchandising Coordinator.
A pioneer in the natural and organic foods industry, we're a member-run organization providing a community resource for healthy living. We're looking for dedicated people to help us continue to thrive as a treasured Westside favorite. Our staff's primary responsibility is to provide exceptional service to our loyal members and shoppers as well as to each other.
Benefits of working with Co-opportunity include:
• FREE Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurances.
• Free Employee Assistance Program; free Mental health & Legal assistance
• a 401K with employer 100% up to 5% staff salary match
• Bonus incentives
• Transportation bonus contests
• Employee Discount
• Easy to join Membership structure; Membership benefits once joined
• Vacation & Sick pay
• Opportunities to learn about Co-ops, Organics & natural foods plus healthy bodycare
Our Merchandising Coordinator oversees and conducts the merchandising activities of the store, working with Management on merchandising strategies for the store. This includes assistance with store merchandising projects geared toward providing excellent customer service, eye-catching displays in all departments, sampling of product and ensuring consistent signage around the store. Position will also coordinate and administer plans for regular store promotions that ensure the brand image is cultivated and maintained on the retail floor and support the branding objectives of the organization.
We're looking for someone who ideally:
• Has a flexible schedule, can work evenings and weekends.
• At least 3-5 years of merchandising in a retail environment; preferably in natural foods grocery store.
• Must have strong creative visual merchandising skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and consistently follow through on commitments and implementation plans.
• Knowledge of current trends in natural foods industry.
• Excellent communications skills including the ability to work effectively in one-on-one and small group relationships and help facilitate the movement of ideas to concrete action plans with co-workers.
• Ability to safely lift 50 pounds.
• Regular, predictable attendance.
• Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: